Thursday, November 19, 2009

bread season




i have been buried in the house today under a pile of work. so, at noon as i often do when i am hermited in, i went thrifting. i am actually on the hunt for some more cute vintage christmas ornaments. they do not seem to exist.

however, i did buy a breadmaker. $6. i know, you can easily make it from scratch. but the truth is, i haven't. i really don't bake much bread in the summertime, but lately i have kind of been hankering. that's a funny word, isn't it?

anyway, the plus-side of this little machine is just that. it's little. i also wanted a horizontal loaf pan, so it looks more like normal bread. and this one has a delayed timer, so if i am out in meetings etc i could still make it for the correct time i want it done. like NOW.

he he. so, this first loaf is cute and normal looking. it did not come out of the pan very easily, not sure how to remedy that. also, it's a bit crusty for my tastes. but, i am sure i can work on those minor things in subsequent trials. nothing better than the smell! except for the taste, i did partake in a fresh slice for my afternoon snack :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

My sil has the horizontal loaf maker, she paid MUCH more than $6 for it. But, she loves it.

I am hungry now, thanks :)

bobbione8y said...

oh funny! i was JUST commenting on your site that i missed you!

Karen said...

One slice? Did you seriously only eat one slice? No way would that word for me.

Karen said...

or, uh, work.

bobbione8y said...

yeah. got that. i actually ate half a loaf. it was afternoon snack, dinner, late night snack, then finally sick of bread :)

Karen said...

Sick of bread? I'll have to test that one out, but I'm not sure it's possible.

Anonymous said...

I love the smell of homemade bread.. I cheat and buy the frozen stuff you can just thaw and bake.

I bet yours tastes much better.

cherk said...

Very nice, there is nothing better than warm home made bread!