Saturday, November 28, 2009

shiny brite



i was really looking forward to decorating yesterday. unfortunately, i have just about perfected the current christmas tree. and i do love how it "goes" with the living room.

but, that's kinda boring. so i decided to get myself a new shiny "office" tree this year! yay me! seriously, it will be fun to see a tree during the workday, instead of just at night.



this meant "road trip to canton" since i was avoiding all the black friday people. canton is kind of an antique town, with 3 shops on main street. i went out seeking a metal tree of some sort. i think i was going for silver, but when i saw this little pink tree with hot pink lights, SOLD. it's skinny and just the right size for my spare desk. it's nice during the day with the lights on, but also pretty awesome at night!



then came the best part. i found 2 dozen really nice "shiny brite" ornaments to go with the dozen i found last week. shiny brites are like the kleenex of christmas ornaments. i don't think there were any other kind, back in the day. at least it seems that way. it was hard to get a good pic, but trust me, i got some good ones. i did have a lady grab a box right out from underneath me, which was kind of not cool. i could of wrestled her for them, but in the spirit of the season (and since i already had my 2 dozen) i let her go :)

sigh. and now, we STILL get a weekend to enjoy them! woo!

8 comments:

cherk said...

I lOVE it. You make me so want to dig out the xmas stuff. In your one picture with the three cone shaped trees I have some almost EXACTLY like that.

Anonymous said...

This settles it: You could be the heroine in a charming novella. Seriously. I just finished "Blue Christmas" by Mary Kay Andrews, and the main character is an antiques thrifter. She talks about Shiny Brites in the book, otherwise I'd've never heard of them before. By the way, I like ths tablecloth under the tree.

:)

Karen said...

I have been wanting cone trees for EVER. This might be my year!

cherk said...

I am sure Bobbi's cone trees are from some cool little store, mine on the other hand are hobby lobby special but love them anyway

Rachel Knoblich said...

I love it...it looks wonderful. I love seeing little shots of your house too! We should get together in the future and junk. I think we would have a blast! Thanks for the look like 25 comment...made my day. I had to brag to my husband!

Rachel Knoblich said...

Just went through alot of your blog...love, love, love your style! Email me if you would like...my email is on the business card I gave you...or you can call me too!

bobbione8y said...

rachel, thanks for stopping by :)

i do think we need to go 'junking' together sometime...i kind of have a feeling we would get along fabulously!

Karen said...

I keep coming back to this. I have to say, Shiny Bright is the coolest name ever.