Wednesday, November 18, 2009

saying goodbye




well, i said goodbye to my aunt eliz yesterday. it was waaaaaaaaaaaaay harder than anything i have done in awhile. between my mom and i, i think we went through a box of kleenex. it was so nice to just cry and remember and say out loud how much we loved her. it was nice for me to hear from my cousins how much she loved me. i laughed too, when we told stories from growing up. and standing at the gravesite, a beautiful, warm, still sunny day in november, at a country cemetary in aurora, sd, where both my gramma and grandpa also lie, was very nice.

life seems to have gone by very quickly today. i am grateful for it, and thanking God for my family.

3 comments:

carey said...

i know you are reflecting on a lot of things. just remember that you are very loved by all of us as well.

Unknown said...

Thinking of you and your family today, Bobbi...

K~ said...

aw bob. i'm sorry. you're in my thoughts. K~