Tuesday, July 21, 2009

paper or plastic?

i thought you guys would appreciate this photo of how the nice man at the grocery store individually bagged almost my entire grocery order - apparently, so that they did not mess up my nice recycle bags. i ended up with 6 plastic bags tucked into my 2 handi-wipe bags.

now that's thinkin' green ;))
he he.



oh. time for a pink kitchen update. i got the nook wall painted chocolate last weekend, and got the chairs recovered with some leftover upholstery fabric, too. yesterday i went and got a curtain rod and those little clip dealys that you put on them...but i was not sure how much fabric to use...i think i did not use quite enough. however, that window gets alot of kitty traffic, so maybe it's fine. next up, this weekend i am going to paint more white trim, and maybe try to decoupage some fabric on the cupboard doors. i have an idea of how to do it without totally ruining the cabinets, but who knows :)

i still kind of love the color.

10 comments:

DeAnn said...

you are so creative, it looks just great. especially the chocolate wall. and your pics from the backforty are amazing! they really did bring me some tuesday cheer. have a great wednesday!

Anne said...

UGH! The plastic bag thing makes me want to scream! I have used no plastic for almost 3 years now and I STILL have to tell them "I have my own bags and I don't want ANYTHING bagged." They always try to slip something into plastic. And they look at me like I am crazy (whatever!). 'You mean you don't want the meat (that is already entombed in packaging) in another bag?!' and 'You want your oranges just free?!'

YES!

bobbione8y said...

anne, he had such a "helpful smile" that i did not have the heart to tell him how ridiculous he was being. he wrapped my MAGAZINE in a bag! seriously!! he was also 87. old people LOVE plastic.

i think there might be some "sustainability awareness" training in order...

:)

bobbione8y said...

oh - hi Deanne! welcome back! i did see you on facebook at your reunion, however :)

bobbione8y said...

did i just SERIOUSLY misspell your name?

why yes, i did - DeAnn ;)

Karen said...

That is hilarious! I do love the old folks, and I'm fairly sure I would have done the same thing.

I love your chocolate wall. Love.

The word decoupage puts the fear of God in me. Can't wait to see what you end up with.

bobbione8y said...

oh gosh. Lou decoupaged her crazy icky mirrored closet doors this past weekend. they. look. wonderful.

K~ said...

OK bob, I can not STAND how funny that is about the bags!!!! I told the kids and c just laughed and laughed. K~

K~ said...

C U T E kitchen K~

Karen said...

Lou--need pics of "crazy icky mirrored closet doors," please.