Friday, July 17, 2009

cool day

check out the new chickies i got for the kitchen!


happy friday everyone. it has been a busy week, and i am tired and ready for the weekend. the cool weather is still kind of perplexing me, the cat and i were bundled up on the couch last night with the afghan. yes, it's july here in sd, and the afghan is still a staple of daily life! weird!

thrifted this $5 table on wednesday.
gonna put some of the succies on it this fall.
it's sitting right by my office desk window.
sweet!


otherwise, all is well. i have a couple of big projects to pitch next week, and i'm still doing okay, even though the job market is very grumpy. i have so far seen no real decline, i just have to justify myself much more than i used to :) ha. plus, the little slow down has been nice...i think a relaxing summer is a good gift to enjoy.



so, what does a girl do on a beautiful fall afternoon in july? make cookies, naturally! in celebration of friday, and chocolate, and this very wonderful life.

happy weekend all!

1 comment:

K~ said...

Oh what a super nice blog entry bob. I love it all. I have a few succies that I finally planted. I did one in a cup I like just like you have been. Others are just in little containers I have. A $1 orange pail I got from target. A longenburger carafe, other pots. I just love them. They are a bit too fragile for my house. But, I will give them a chance. K~