Sunday, July 26, 2009

kitchen done :)




schwew! okay, i'm not really done, i have trim yet to paint. but MOSTLY, i am done with the kitchen.

i ended up painting all of the upper cabinets on saturday so that i could get the curtains hung up... and lo and behold, i decided not to decoupage the cupboard doors. they are pretty nice and clean, so i am content.

can't even tell you how happy i am in this room. it's best in the early evening, with the sun coming in the west window. look at those roses glow :) seriously. i can hardly wait til about a month from now when i am canning. it will be a wonderfully warm and happy place to be.

oh. found a neat home for the chickies i bought. i decided to make them wall art, so they got their own little nook to live in! an old funky baking tin, and a 50 cent frame i spray painted.

sigh. ;)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I really love this, I really want a pink kitchen.

Have you ever done pickles? I have cukes coming out my ears and Ryan wants pickles. Every recipe I read makes me tired. I tried the refridgerator ones last year, but Ryan wants "real" ones this year. sigh...

bobbione8y said...

he he.

yes. i have!!
would you like a pickle making afternoon? might be able to arrange that :)

i have not made them since i was at home. might be a bit rusty, but as i recall it was quite easy. i have dill, if that is what you are thinking....

Unknown said...

I would LOVE a pickle making afternoon! I have dill, too. Let's make it a date, okay! I have no clue about pickles...

bobbione8y said...

yes! will think of some good times, although my next 2 weekends are kind of booked!

Cassie said...

loooooooooooove. it. yum :o)

Unknown said...

Sounds wonderful...

Rani

Karen said...

It is lovely. Especially the roses.

:-)

K~ said...

Well done!!! K~

cherk said...

Your pink kitchen rocks, I think you are the only person I know who could pull that off!

Anonymous said...

I love that pink.. especially coupled with the white cabinets.
:0)) I wish you could help me find a color for my minimalist ways of decorating.. my warm grey is beckoning like a plain white canvas

bobbione8y said...

oh jill!

warm grey and black and white and BRIGHT YELLOW is the way to go!

so pretty.

yes, i like genevieve gorder alot :)