Wednesday, July 08, 2009

a day late



and a dollar short, as my dad used to say. that's how i feel this morning, after an amazing rainfall last night (about 1.2" here) that left me wishing the rain barrel had been plugged in. oh well. God takes care of things, with or without a rain barrel i guess. notice that i cannot QUITE shut the garage door when bert is in there now. sigh.


the storm last night reminded me of the spirited conversation i had with lou about weather radios over the weekend (by "spirited" i mean that i ranted, and she just sat there :))

she is convinced they are a necessary item for when she is sleeping and the storm comes (i am pretty sure there is a bible verse about that). i am convinced they are silly. i kind of have eyes, ya know? anyway. as i was driving home last night from hyvee heading north, i would have turned one on, had i had one, because it looked .... weatherish. like bad and swirly and blue-purple. like i needed some kind of confirmation that it was dangerous.

however, this morning, the urge has passed to obtain such a thing... i am such a livin' on the edge girl!


in other news, tomorrow these feet will be, um, cared for. by another besides me. for the first time in their 47 (almost) years. i feel sorry for that person, but they are excited ;)


here is a shot of my morning coffee view. all is well when i look at this when i rise.


hope you have a great wednesday all!

5 comments:

K~ said...

Oh how nice. I love your coffee view. Wish I was there, as always! :-) K~

K~ said...

I wanted to add that I too have an unhooked up rain barrel. We are brain twins!! K~

Karen said...

That's a whole lotta topics, girl. I love your morning coffee view best. Been thinking about transforming the Chris Spot over here, you inspire me.

bobbione8y said...

yes. i had more topics, but one must edit oneself :)

Anonymous said...

have a happy pedi day!!