Thursday, July 02, 2009

controlling the uncontrollable


since i almost alway post the pretty stuff outside, i thought i'd post reality for you today. yeah. that's my really crappy, weed-eaten, always unkempt lawn. it's a certain sign that things are out of control over here. really, really out of control.

i have a feeling that is the way God wants it. at least, He is telling me things are out of MY control. which is uncomfortable for me, to say the least. but getting more comfortable. at least i know that what i can do is not that big a deal to the Lord. it's what He can do thru me, and for me, and for the people around me.

so, in my quest to give up control completely to Him, today i am asking Him to:

• mow my lawn, or fix my lawnmower, or make the grass stop growing.
• vacuum my house, or fix the vacuum, or make me not care about dust bunnies and fur balls.
• do my work, or give me the desire to do my work, or make my clients not care whether or not i do their work.
• keep the sun in the sky, bring some rain, make it warm but not too warm, and help me to get some time to enjoy whatever "it" is.
• forgive me for this post, which is really quite random, but meant to draw attention to His goodness and provision :)

i hope you are letting Him control your uncontrollables today too :)
happy almost 4th of july.

6 comments:

Karen said...

I love this post! I think you are blessing all of us by letting us know that we are not alone in our uncontrollable-ness. Thanks.

Karen said...

ps Can't wait to see which of your options God chooses!

bobbione8y said...

yeah. what do you want to bet it's d) none of the above :)

happy soon-to-be-4th dear!

bobbione8y said...

so, point #1 on my list. 2 guys actually pull up in my alley, with a truck and a lawnmower on a trailer. they are sent to remove weeds from the neighbor behind me, and would be HAPPY to also mow my lawn!

ha ha!!! thank you Lord.

Karen said...

AWESOME! You were right, it was none of the above!

bobbione8y said...

i about broke out laughing. never in 6 years have i seen a lawn service in my neighborhood. usually, it's just not done here :))

that is what makes it SO God...!