Sunday, October 26, 2008

temporary silence


okay, i am feeling pretty happy with myself right now. since last friday, i have not been able to make comments on my own blog. who woulda THUNK that would send my world into a spin?!

anyway, it's kind of hard not to say "hi" or "yes, that's red enchilada sauce" when you need to. but it reminded me of the time when i lived in an apartment, and my oven quit working. since my landlords lived out of town and i didn't want to "bother" them, or have them putzing in my house, to be honest, i did not call them. for FIVE years. i ended up using the oven for storage, which was sorely needed, and did not look back. sometimes, denial is a good way to deal with adversity.

this time however, i was determined to not just accept the duct tape on my mouth. so this morning, i accessed the "blogger help group" and low and behold, several people had the same trouble last friday, and one of them figured out the solution (switching their comment box to a "pop up" window). that worked!!!

schwew.

now if i actually had anything important to say :)
happy sunday!

5 comments:

carey said...

oh, i am proud of you! it's really easy to just adapt to a world of inconvenience, rather than fix it. i also took the bull by the horns and bought a phone that works for my office! no more running up the stairs to catch the phone by the fourth ring when you call!

bobbione8y said...

oh good! but i have to admit, it's always kind of funny hearing you pick up the phone while trying to catch your breath at the same time :)

Karen said...

That is hilarious. I cannot really imagine you without an oven for five years. What on earth did you eat?

Maybe you could come over, with all your new-found determination, and make my stupid electric dog fence work. I would love to be free from thrice-daily dog walkings.

bobbione8y said...

karen, i hate those fences - dogs don't deserve them :)

sorry, man.

Karen said...

Sigh. I think that's why I haven't finished it. It was free, and seemed like a good idea at the time. Pray for lots of blog readers so that I can afford to build a real fence.