Tuesday, October 07, 2008

in progress


boy, if life isn't one step forward, two steps back. nothing demonstrates this more than home ownership. take a look at the lovely back entrance to the house that i am now dealing with, courtesy my own brilliant (ie, stupid) idea to replace the door to the garage.

i'd been dealing with a crappy, flimsy, window paned door that's let entire BLIZZARDS in the house for 5 years. so this summer, i got a great solid wood door at the habitat for humanity REstore. thing is, i didn't realize that we would also have to deconstruct the whole frame around the door in order to replace it. so far, this is a 3-trips-to-menards special. wish me luck that it won't take many more.

and please God, don't let the blizzards start today.

4 comments:

carey said...

ack. why is nothing ever easy for poor mabel? i know you will enjoy that new door, though. eventually :)

Karen said...

Man, I hope it doesn't take as long as the bathroom. I was shocked when you said it had been deconstructed for 6 months....but now I'm going on four. At least the blizzards will motivate you to finish soon. :-)

Unknown said...

My husband put the brick moulding in backwards on our recently acquired Habitat garage door which required two visits to Home Depot and $10 in gas each trip.

So, I will tell him not to stop by and help you, okay?

Snow, snow, stay away...

K~ said...

sheesh, your energy is exhausting!! I simply waste my days away!! Good luck with this project!! k~