Friday, October 10, 2008

junkin'


so it's friday, and even though i have a load of work to get done today, all i wanna do is visit each one of those little potential treasure spots on the map above. i cannot believe it's way into october, and garage sale season is still going strong! bring em on!

strongly coinciding with my dream to someday have an artsy store/studio here in town, is the desire to hit every rummage sale and estate sale ever held. i have even gotten phillip into the gig, as he wants to go to "the world's longest yard sale" with me and a uhaul next summer.

i cannot STAND how much i love junkin.!!!

i just seem to find the coolest things. lately, i have been fixated on clocks, old books and magazines with good design, and fabric. of course, fabric.

i have decided i may have to rent a shop space just to HOLD all of the great finds! i challenge each and every one of you to go and buy something old for $1 or $2 dollars today, and see if you don't love it too :)

7 comments:

K~ said...

got the cutest hinged desk FREE on the side of the road the other day! LOVE IT! K~

bobbione8y said...

okay, free wins. :)

cannot wait to see it, blog about it!

carey said...

i bought a pack of gum for $1 and pretty much chewed through it. does that count as used?

Karen said...

Ew, Carey.

This is another thing I would love to do if you were here, but probably won't ever do on my own...although Moose is a big fan of the garage sale. If he didn't have a meet every blasted Saturday morning, I might get up and go with him.

Unknown said...

I miss garage saleing. It's just not the same with a stroller and a budda belly, sigh...

bobbione8y said...

rani, unless you are pregnant again next year (ha!), you and i need to go garagin' together.

Chris said...

I love garage saleing too, but for whatever reason, I haven't done it once this year, nor have I been to a Farmers Market & I love those too. What's wrong with me.