Monday, October 13, 2008

monday grey


well, things including my heart seem a little bit grey today.

as i look back on a cozy quiet weekend, the t0-done list does not look so great.

things not accomplished:
• yard work
• house work
• closet cleaning
• window staining
• anything of value

things accomplished:
• grape jam made
• apple pie made and consumed
• banana bread made
• meatloaf and homemade garlic mashed potatoes made


um. notice a trend here? how come all the fun stuff comes with calories and guilt?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You know, I was thinking the same thing today. "Work" for me consists of mostly cooking or putting up food for later and cleaning. Why is that? I think you should be glad you accomplished something and not be so hard on yourself. There will ALWAYS be a to do list. We have to be ready for anything, any day...just take the list one check mark at a time. Hope the sun shines in a bit for ya.

Karen said...

Is that your front yard? I think it looks beautiful, and your sidewalk looks like a cross.

:-)

bobbione8y said...

yeah. i noticed the cross this morning from my office window. first time i ever saw it.

cool, huh?

Karen said...

Way. Little love notes from God. Last week I was really crabby at my husband (no idea why now) and I went upstairs to go to the bathroom and get away from him..from my seat I looked up and out the window was a sky just painted so beautifully with puffy pink clouds. I knew instantly that God was telling me he loves me, and it totally turned everything around.