Wednesday, September 03, 2008

autumnal

i'm sure a certain someone who loves fall woke up happy today. personally, i woke up on the chilly side of things, although i'm pleasant enough right now with my jacket and flip flops on - indoors. i find myself dreaming of turtleneck sweaters though, so it must be affecting me too.


just went outside for the morning walkabout carrying my fire king bowl full of colorado peaches. for some ungodly reason, i decided to buy a CRATE of peaches at ace hardware this weekend. as all the smart people know, ace is the only place for hardware, as well as good peaches in the fall. good thing i also FINALLY got a used chest freezer this weekend. last night phillip and i coerced it down the stairs to its final resting spot. so peaches will be "put up." soon, hopefully before i eat them all.



i noticed the neighbor has decided on yet another form of camper to decorate the yard. so far, there have been four, count em four, various versions of vintage campers in their yard this summer. i admit i kind of like the el dorado here. look at the window mural! and the deer graphic!! well, they love to accent the place with all kinds of wonderful hardware. perhaps i should get them a gift certificate to Landscape Garden Centre next spring!


and while most of the blogs have posted shots of their little kiddos going off to school, i'll have to settle for this shot of my small one. still home with me for the day, for the time being at least :)

5 comments:

carey said...

i wish you could send that bowl of peaches to me through some kind of magic email. maybe my grandma will bring me some...did i tell you grandma margie is coming this weekend?

Karen said...

Nuthin' on earth like a Colorado peach. Mmmmm.

It's not at all fallish here, more like 93 and sweaty. I wish the Smoky Mountains had been a little further along, too. I'm sure in a few more weeks I'll have some pics to share. Does anyone NOT like fall???

K~ said...

Oh Bob, You make me laugh! I never would have thought of getting good peaches at ace hardware, let alone,
eating them :-)

Look at how adorable Siesta is sitting there!! She does look a bit ready to bolt!

I did another photo record blog today. Sheesh it's hard to chose!

Miss you. K~

DeAnn said...

This post brought about a sense of peace to a busy day. It made me take a deep breath and wish I had a bowl of peaches. HAPPY FALL!

Chris said...

Is it wrong that I live in Colorado and don't eat the peaches?? People rave about them here. I'm just not a fruit eater. I just love how pretty and peaceful your place is Bobbi.