Tuesday, September 30, 2008

weird dreams


so last night i was a bit stressed. i have a bunch of things to get done this week, and i'm getting tired of running on empty all the time. i shouldn't be surprised that my dreams reflected the weirdness.

ever since i quit my job 7 years ago, my old workplace has replaced my elementary school as the "nightmare" location of all my stress dreams. it kind of makes me laugh. i can somehow tell where i am in the dreams, but it's a strange deconstructed building, a mass of staircases and conveyor belts that lead to nowhere, and are challenging to navigate. every once in awhile i run into some former coworker, usually the ones i least want to see. last night, i was there with my childhood friend, and we were having a hard time getting around because there were stacks and stacks of old books on the stairs, and i found myself falling over them.

i was relieved and excited to pick one up, and see that it was a Bible! until i discovered that all the pages were in a language i could not understand, and as i tried to look thru the book, the pages disintegrated and fell apart. frantically, i paged to the beginning of the book, and it somehow became a pop up book, with all kinds of neat embroidery projects woven into the pages! cool elves and butterflies and woodland stuff! the whole project was actually sewn into the pages of the book, along with instructions on how to make it! and my childhood friend turned in kristie lou, who was just as excited as me!

i woke up feeling fine. and thinking that a bible/craft book might not be such a bad concept :))

ha.


ps. i took the accompanying photo from this website:
http://www.michaelrossiter.com.au/Soldworks.htm

i like his work, don't you?

7 comments:

Karen said...

Good grief, what a dream! I rarely remember mine.

Will pray for decreased stress.

Kudos for giving the artist his due.

:-)

bobbione8y said...

i hardly ever remember either, but i just was barely awake when i posted this...!

:) of course, i would remember the crafty dreams!

Karen said...

Of course. :-)

I'm still thinking about the crumbling bible part, though.

bobbione8y said...

yeah. i'm sure that it has to do with me always asking God about things, but then not really ASKING, and asking and asking...I've heard He wants us to do that :)

K~ said...

Loved this post bob. I tell ya, dreams are something else hu?? I have some odd ones, but mostly now, I wish I could dream instead of being awake because my arms fell asleep again. Maybe it's time for a sleep # bed.


DO a craft bible PLEASE....and soon.

K~

carey said...

i bet a psychologist would have a hay day with this dream. my stress dreams still involve not being able to remember where my locker is or what the combination is. i had one just the other night.

but nothing tops the dream where i can't find my toupee.

Karen said...

Toupee??? I guarantee if she had one, I would have hidden it.

I had a dream last night where a guy all wound in Saran Wrap broke into the house.

I like your analysis on the bible part. I am guilty of that, too. Which is STUPID, because God really, truly answers my prayers. Sometimes even at an almost-unfair rate. So why am I so lazy when it comes to prayer???