Monday, September 15, 2008

packing up


so, the weekend was good. colder weather makes you feel justified in "staying in" - except for carey, who still seems to prefer the outdoors :)

anyway, i did venture out on saturday morning with lou, in search of the perfect ivory suitcase for her. we found not one, not two, but THREE cream suitcases at a lutheran rummage sale. she nabbed the round one, which is what she was hunting for, and i got the other two, because i am crazy.

i have this fun idea to make a nightstand out of a suitcase. still searching for the perfect "legs" but i had to see if it would fit in my space, and pick out the fabric to decoupage to the top (faux woodgrain, picked up at digs in minnesota this summer).

i LOVE this craft! so much so, that i invited seven art girls over next weekend to have a suitcase decoupage day. i wish you all could come! but since you can't, i thought i'd still try to inspire you to craft something fun for yourself. if you need a suitcase, just let me know...:)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah for rummages! I am so glad it was still there...

Karen said...

I need a nightstand! Can you make me one, for TM? Then can you bring it over, say, with a jar or two of peaches?? I'll make the coffee.

:-)

bobbione8y said...

um, girl, the point of this post was to inspire you to do-it-yourself :)


not real effective, huh?

Karen said...

I'm much better at making coffee, though, and it seemed like a great excuse to have you over.

:-)

bobbione8y said...

he he.
yeah, you better believe that i am better at drinking coffee too :)

KristieLou said...

That is going to be the cutest table ever! I can't wait to see it finished.

Saturday was fun...I feel very inspired now. And I kind of want a kitten ;)

carey said...

kris! i know where you can get a GREAT kitten. seriously. my neighbor has three of them...totally manhandled since birth so they are mellow and sweet.

and potty-trained.

let me know.

bobbione8y said...

um, carey, you don't have to potty train a cat.

they are not like dogs, they just "know"


:)

zema said...

I love the nightstand idea. I want to find a suitcase now. A friend of mine has 3 suitcases stacked together to make a night stand.
So creative.

Chris said...

Sorry Bobbi, but I am with Karen. Much more fun for us to have a good friend do the crafting for us while we make the coffee and ooh & ah.