Friday, September 12, 2008

fall on



there are so many good things to love about september. it's long been my favorite month, ever since i was a child and got to go back to school, which i loved (i know, i was always a nerd).

i still love these days. it's so good to pull on a sweatshirt, or cuddle up with a blanket. yesterday, i actually wore a turtleneck! ohhhhhhh, that was nice. and last night as we settled in to watch tv, i had my afghan that i am finishing up on my lap, and phillip sat beside me on the couch with his "colored string" (ie embroidery thread) crafting an ankle bracelet for me. crafts and fall just go together, too.

it's also a great time to bake, since firing up the gas oven is not a good idea in the 100 degree heat of summer.

so, this morning, with my homebaked muffins and peach jam, my trusty mug of joe, and fall in the air very prominently, i am content.

happy friday all!

9 comments:

K~ said...

Who are you??? That is amazing. I think I am super mom when I make a couple batches of cookies and corn bread a week. I need some of all that and more. Please put some up for me. K~

Karen said...

You could sell that stuff. People would so buy it. People would come all the way from Virginia for those muffins (but they might steal an afghan while they're there..) with peach jam.

bobbione8y said...

if you girls compared how much an hour i get for making brochures, to how much i would get for making jam and muffins, i think you would not suggest that i sell it :)

however, i'd love to give it away to lovely ladies like you :)

carey said...

ladies, jump back, but my grandma came from colorado with a box full of peaches and she helped me skin them (little j's words, don't you love it?), cut them and put them in freezer bags.

maybe i'll make a cobbler or a pie.

holy crap. forget bobbi. WHO AM I?

Unknown said...

I love peaches!

bobbione8y said...

GO CAREY!

so proud. i knew eventually my pretty canning pictures would rub off :)

Karen said...

Somebody hire a professional photographer for that. I want PROOF that Carey baked.

carey said...

yeah. it's not happening.

i just got my bike back from the shop and it's all tuned up. pie schmie.
it's going to be 75 degrees out there.

Chris said...

Yummy yummy, I want I want!