Tuesday, September 16, 2008

these days


turtlehead plant, taking off in style


mexican sunflowers


a "stray" sunflower, from last year's stash


impatient plant, still hanging on


don't you just love these days? i cannot stand how beautiful they are, and all the more because they won't be here forever. the flowers that are left over from the summer kind of remind me of a beautiful older woman with wrinkles. just kind of a deeper beauty than in the summertime, i think.

anyway, i could just wander around aimlessly all day and see. hope you notice the prettiness around you today, too.

4 comments:

Karen said...

They are beautiful, and turtlehead is just a cool, cool name. Today is our first fall-ish day, so I will make Chris's soup and take some time to smell the flowers.

K~ said...

I like that comparison. I think it is the lighting that makes them look so special. The sun is not so bright. I think the colors look a bit more saturated. Thanks for sharing. K~

Unknown said...

I love the mexican sunflowers, beautiful...

Chris said...

Very nice, Bobbi.You really have a gift. Come visit me next spring please.