Friday, September 19, 2008

mabel's new day




well, mabel had her "makeover" yesterday. 12 new windows installed. i was worried about how hard it would be, but the Lowes guy made it look easy. i was also worried about the color on the exterior, but i guess it's fine. not exactly as good as before, but it's hard to duplicate 1930 without spending more money than you have. anyway, i slept with a cool breeze last night, for the first time in a VERY long time! life is good.


in other news, the hollyhocks i planted in the spring (very small when you put them in) are quite beautiful now. i don't really have enough room for them, but who cares. they are pretty.


and in a strange twist, i noticed THIS today. that's a melon. and yeah. that's a birdfeeder (guess the birds were hungry). um. how do you suppose it decided to go up THERE to grow?!

happy friday, y'all!

7 comments:

Karen said...

The backforty is a jungle! I bet DeAnn's monkeys would love it there.

I'm in awe of the fact that you got new windows AND found time to defend my honor yesterday. :-)

I'm imagining that the turtleheads and the hollyhocks would be good friends. I hope they're planted near each other, so they can visit.

carey said...

mabel looks pretty darn happy. i can't believe all the work you've done. you need to post a "before" and "after" of mabel for us. i can't even remember the before anymore...

Anne said...

I am SO jealous of your new windows! Way to go! I guess that comes with living with super crappy old OLD ones for so long now. I long for the one-handed 'whoosh' of opening a new window and the delight of being able to easily clean it... something I have NEVER been able to do at my house. :(

bobbione8y said...

annie!

hi! how are you, i was thinking about you the other day when i saw a convertible whip by me :))

yes. the windows are long-awaited. i wish i had done it a LONG time ago, but alas, there is some satisfaction in the saving and the waiting :)

K~ said...

Oh it looks so nice Bob!! I just love the new windows. Did they come painted?? That's nuts! Love the garden. Do you have squirrel problems??K~

Chris said...

Aren't new windows the best! I couldn't open my windows at all before. They are so nice. Good for you!

cherk said...

Wow, I love house with character, and you definitely have a flair for that. I look at and it just says "Bobbi", like the chair on my patio:)