Monday, September 08, 2008

isaiah knows


i have a daily bible. every day, there is a chunk of the old testament, new testament, a psalm and a proverb to read. i WISH i could say i even come close to reading it daily, but i don't. lately though, i have been reading almost daily.

funny thing (to me, anyway) is that i have been really getting into the old testament more and more. i have come through job, ecclesiastes, and even songs of solomon recently, and been blessed by the Word. but this morning i was SUPER blessed to get to isaiah.

man, there is something about the book of isaiah. i just love it. not only does it contain my very favorite verse, but the whole book just really compells me. i think some of it is because it seems so REAL. the world isaiah describes sounds to me just like our world today, and the people and their sins sound just like me and everybody else i see, too. and if that is true, it stands to reason that the God of the book of isaiah is JUST like our God today. and it comforts me to know that. and it tells me what i need to do, and who i need to rely on, and how i need to live.

go read a bit of isaiah today, if you get a chance.

4 comments:

K~ said...

Hey Bob, I did a bible study on Isaiah many years ago. I think, by far, it was my favorite bible study. I will try and track down the name of it for you. I would love to go through it again too. K~

Karen said...

Dude. Isaiah is way up on my list of People I Most Want to Hang Out with in Heaven.

Thanks. It's 11:04 and I need to read my bible. Now I know where to go.

Karen said...

Sounds like Carey's church could use a little Isaiah 1, eh?

K~ said...

On a completely unrelated topic. It looks like the angle is painting Isaiah's nose red... dosn't it? K~

MAN I CAN NOT SPELL!!