Monday, September 29, 2008

square pegs


well, there are officially a couple of crazy crocheters loose in sioux falls as of saturday. lou mastered her pattern with ease, she is AMAZINGly adept at picking up new craft skills. look out design camp, here she comes...also, take a look at the cute "hook holder" she whipped up to hold her supplies! love. it.




i, on the other hand, just went nuts for squares. i asked kristie if it was okay if i changed my mind, and make a granny crochet blanket, too. cause you know, we are twins. she said it was okay :) my pattern is from a book i have from 1976. i love the color combinations too much. i have a slight headache this morning from them, actually. but, i also have the goods to show for it.



i really wish crocheting burned calories :)



i should note that most of the crocheting above took place during sunday afternoon (and night) football. thank goodness i am starting to like it, since phillip is glued to the couch on sundays. yesterday, i had fun remembering the old days, when i was a girl in love with seattle quarterback jim zorn. today, he's a rookie head coach for the washington redskins, who won yesterday in a great game against evil dallas.

looks like i have a new favorite team, too :)

9 comments:

KristieLou said...

Wow...your squares look great! I love all the color combos!

That is a horrible picture of me. Siesta looks great though ;)

bobbione8y said...

i am sorry. i only had that one, and one with your eyes totally closed.

i hope they look at the cat! and your crocheting ;))

did you make a few yesterday?

Karen said...

I don't even know what to say. You two are freaks of nature. Nobody should have that much natural talent, especially in areas that completely baffle my mind.

So, um, Phillip spent the day hanging out with two crafty chicks? Can you tease him a little for me, please?

bobbione8y said...

oh no. lou and i crocheted on SATURDAY, while he was at work. although i WISH i had a photo of him crocheting me a scarf, which, i kid you NOT - he did!

he is so dang competitive, he had to prove he could crochet too. although he admitted he likes eating hot wings and reclining much better :)

carey said...

ok. i want to see the scarf phil crocheted. if he can do it, i can do it.

ha ha.

Unknown said...

I am in complete awe of you, both of you. I am so darn jealous. I have not enough patience to do it. I am sticking with fleece, darn it. Cut and sew...

cherk said...

Crocheting always reminds me of my grandma who taught me how. The best I could was come up with these weird pot holder things that were actually a odd square shape and never laid flat. I SO admire people who can do things with needle, thread, material and yarn-It boggles my mind

K~ said...

Ok so many things, I don't know where to start here!!

Kristie Lou.... Rock on with the crocheting!! You look like a natural. Bob's a great teacher :-)

Why don't I have one of those neat and very useful crochet hook holders yet??? I also need a knitting needle in the round- case while your at it. :-)

Colors colors colors!! LOVE them all. Too much colors so little time.

Ok that quarterback is CUTE!!!!
See Football can be fun.

Missing having you guys here or me there. Feel terribly left out and sad, but I LOVE LOVE the photos. Thanks for sharing!!!

K~

bobbione8y said...

yes - isn't jim adorable! that pic was in about 1981 or something, way back when :))