Wednesday, September 24, 2008

cozee




so, every night lately has been the same. make dinner, eat dinner, wash dinner dishes, turn on the tv, and crochet, crochet, crochet. i was kind of doing it last year too, but it seems to have begun early this year.

i'm having fun, on my mission to finish the brown squares afghan from last year. besides wanting to use it to cuddle with in the cold, i have another motivation to get it finished. next up on the list is THIS.


isn't this crazy beautiful? this is the semi-famous "babette" blanket that is all over the internet. i have wanted to make one ever since i first happened upon it online. finally bought the pattern a couple of months ago, but promised i would NOT start it until i finished my brown project.

yesterday, i could see the end coming, so i went yarn shopping! i fondled the $5.99 a skein wool yarn, before seeing a whole endcap of cream and brown acrylic for 99 cents a skein on clearance. sorry lisa, but i just could not do it. i'll be making another acrylic afghan, so that i can afford to make lots of them. i did pick soft and nice acrylic yarn, if that is any consolation. i'll need to be picking up some more colors, but i should have enough to get me started. not quite yet, but soon.


maybe this fall stuff isn't so bad after all :)

8 comments:

carey said...

the gene escapes me, but you know i think it's cool. happy fall.

Karen said...

ditto.

Glad you have a project to hibernate with. Six months is a long, long time.

Unknown said...

You are so wonderfully blessed with talents and PATIENCE! Thanks for sharing the photos. I love the colors. I wish I had the mindset to do it myself, but my brain does not do patience well...

sarah said...

Awww...gotta love those bargains. Makes me want to re-learn to knit (for the 5th time). You amaze me!

KristieLou said...

Beautiful! I love how all the colors/squares look together!

See why fall is good ;)

K~ said...

Hey bob, Did you know that I have that exact Babette blanket as my inspiration piece too!! I went with a bit different colors though. I have not begun mine yet, at all! I have all the yarn, but I too want to finish a few projects first too. The brown afghan looks GREAT! Love it. Yeah. K~

Lisa said...

Hi Bob,
It is hard to pass up 99 cent yarn, and undertand the need for product. Have you tried KnitPicks yet?
The blanket is beautiful

bobbione8y said...

thanks everybody, esp. Lisa for the kind words :)

i have spent quite a bit of time looking at Knit Picks. i love the color selection and the pricing is not bad.

now, if they would just allow me to TOUCH the stuff, it's hard to order yarn online! i promise i will try it here soon.