Thursday, May 15, 2008

deuglified

phillip and i worked in the yard last night to get all of the "edges" around the house nice and tidy. he did the sidewalks, using the scary edger thingey that seems dangerous to me. i trimmed the edges around the curvy gardens with a hand shears. then, we bagged two huge bags of "edge" for the garbage man.


i cannot tell you how nice it feels to have tidy edges. i sat outside until almost dark last night and admired how nice everything looked. i think it's kind of like when you vacuum the floor in your house, and how you just cannot really relax until it's done....maybe that is just me (and carey).


anyway, the funny part is that the whole time we were working, my "new" next door neighbors were out in the yard too. i wish i could say we were chatting it up over the fence, but instead they were REVVING up the motorcycles to sonic levels. aaaaaaaaaaarrrgggh. i can tell from day one that they will be "sandpaper" people in my life. 2 rednecks, 2 kids (who are woefully absent in most of the activities), and 2 dogs. ZERO attentiveness to aesthetics, as you can tell from the above pic. they do seem happy with their life choices, so i guess i will just have to get used to wearing earplugs, and not looking to the left :)

8 comments:

carey said...

oh, mabel is looking so good. i did the same thing yesterday, just wandered around the yard looking at how pretty the grass is. i think we are all stunned by winter and this new bright green is a little intoxicating.

anyway, i'm excited to plant all the flowers...i'm waiting another week. you should come out to MY backforty and help :) hint hint.

Karen said...

Mabel looks beautiful! I love your statement about the edges being tidy...if only I could get the edges of my life tidy and leave only two bags for the garbage man!

bobbione8y said...

yeah. that is a metaphor if there ever was one, isn't it :)

Unknown said...

Oh Bobbi-everything looks great! Course, I've always thought your yard is beautiful and emaculate! (Hope I spelled that right?)

Good job!

PS. Maybe the neighbors will learn something from you and your yard! Never know.

Unknown said...

Don't even get me started on the neighbors...

Your yard is marvelous, darling. Just marvelous.

Karen said...

Worked on my "edges" yesterday. Was much less stressed out, but didn't
a. walk dog
b. read bible
c. write great American novel
d. cook dinner
e. exercise

There's just no way to have/do it all, is there??

Chris said...

That time things is a common thing for all of us isn't it. Here I don't have kids, and I can only manage to clean one, maybe two rooms in my house, and weed and edge PART of two of my flower beds. I am so jealous of your pretty pretty yard! I want grass!!

K~ said...

Oh huney! That yard! Yours by the way, looks spectacular! beautiful and just down right lovely! Great work you 2. K~