Thursday, May 01, 2008

pyro





woo hoo. kirsten just gave me the brilliant idea that i could get rid of some of my garden refuse by burning it in my outdoor fireplace! wow. who knew burning was SO MUCH FUN?! i had my charcoal grill fluid and an oven mitt to keep things from getting out of hand! the flames got about 5 or 6 feet high, but i got alot of yuck burned down. it will probably take 3 or 4 of these episodes to clean up the yard, but so much easier than trying to bag all of that crap!

in other news, the greenhouse is yielding some lettuce action :)

6 comments:

Karen said...

Uh, hey Green Girl. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you're polluting the air wit your yard waste. Check this out--

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/05/
ask_treehugger_15.php

Karen said...

with. with your yard waste.

bobbione8y said...

um yeah. i was kind of wondering if it was illegal. but seriously, we have lots of air here in sd, not too worried that chopped up tomato plants are going to be a prob?


hmmmmm. you take my fun away :)

K~ said...

As long as you don't burn plastics, you should probably be ok. I would try and keep your fire under 2' :-)! Yeah that you did it already. K~

Karen said...

Yeah, I shouda kept my big mouth shut. Sorry. Honestly, the hubby has great plans to burn burn burn refuse from the new yard in VA. He's all Green, Schmeen. Unless it saves money, of course.

bobbione8y said...

well, i did read the article karen. you know, i am not really the "green" girl you are probably thinking. i'm the old-fashioned girl that likes it the way it used to be. i grew up with farmers and a dad who did a nice little "burn" every spring to get rid of yuck and clean things up. of course, i'm not sure about what damage it did. but probably alot less than all of the other stuff we do today.

so i am going to burn my little pile of rubbish. tree hugger, schmee hugger.

:)