Saturday, May 03, 2008

new old stuff

well, no snow for us last night. but it IS a pretty chilly day, i probably could not do much gardening anyway. so luckily, i already have plans! my 2 best art girls and myself are going to the gigantic benson flea market. i have not been there in YEARS, which is just silly considering how much i love thrifting. so excited! on my list to look for: linens/fabric; old watches; gardening and craft books; green and yellow pottery; anything else that cass and kristie do not grab first :)

i did get a bit of an early start, and found a couple great new old things on thursday.



like a complete set of audubon encyclopedias from 1971. i have a craft project involving old books that i am itching to start! if i have the heart to cut these up, i'll be using them for that.



big new discovery! wall pockets. this little cuckoo clock one is uber cool, eh?



topping off the day with a dose of "ironman" with my phillip. he loves vintage cartoons, and i hear robert downey jr. is back in form with this movie.

happy day everybody!

4 comments:

Karen said...

I'm having a garage sale next Saturday.

Hint hint.

carey said...

sounds like an awesome day. we had "Montrose Clean-Up Day" here so we just spent 4 hours hauling trash.

you win.

enjoy ironman. i have a feeling i'll be going to that one too...

DeAnn said...

Have a great day, especially with the sunshine! Gives you kind of pick-me-up doesn't it? My boys are going to Ironman too sometime. Let me know the reviews!

K~ said...

I want that clock. Where did you get it. K~