Wednesday, October 03, 2007

sewing. is. hard.

there. had to try karen's cool "period" technique. that felt good.

so, last night i decided to try a project from the new sewing book. look at the beautiful pictures of the project in the book!



now look at my finished product.



you know, it actually looks pretty good in blog land. but in REAL LIFE, it's lumpy and misshaped, there is fuzzy filling coming out on one side, the little points don't all come together, and dang, i about killed myself trying to stab the needle thru the thing with the embroidery thread. finally went and got a VICE GRIP from my dad's emergency tool box to finish it up. they don't tell you you're gonna need one of those in any sewing books.

3 comments:

Karen said...

It really looks great in the picture!

I think all you need is a little more practice. :-)

K~ said...

Just pull harder :-) K~

Chris said...

Yeah, from the pics I like yours better. I say keep practicing, you'll get it.