Tuesday, October 23, 2007

doh.


a couple of days ago, i started feeling a "twinge" in my neck. i figured i slept wrong, so did not think about it much! it did not go away, and yesterday as the day wore on, i found that my ability to move my head became more and more limited. and ouchey! it hurt.

thanks to my sweetie, who i swear has had every injury known to man, i got some good therapy. he held my shoulders and made me twist my head to each side to stretch it out. then i got some ibuprofen and a pack of frozen peas. 15 minutes with the peas, 5 minutes with the heating pad (no more, although it felt REALLY good)!

also, he tried hard not to laugh. he gets extra points for that :)

anyway, it still hurts today, but i took some ibuprofen and will get out the peas later if i need them.

tell me when it starts to be FUN to be 45?????!

sheesh.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

um, my post today used the same language family in the title as yours and I PROMISE I did not read your blog before I posted...not sure this is entirely fitting but you know what they say about great minds?!?!!?

Karen said...

I know the twinge well. Ice and stretching are good, but what exactly is the warmth for??

DeAnn said...

Weird. I too have a twinge. From sleeping wrong last night. I got 4 hours of zzzzz's and woke up with a twinge. Maybe I'll try your method...sounds relaxing. Hope your feeling better.

bobbione8y said...

um, karen, i don't know. something about slowing down then starting up circulation of blood?

at some point, my ears go "blah blah blah" when people are talking about scientific stuff :)

it worked tho.

Chris said...

Sounds like you need a chiropractor. Karen know any?;)