Thursday, October 04, 2007

a day to remember

today was a good day.

i got to wake up to a big ole mug of coffee (albeit fake) and work with a big fluffy cat laying on my keyboard.

i got to sit out in the sun at lunchtime, and feel the warmth on my face for awhile longer before it fades away for the next few months.

i got to go shopping with my best friend for, of all things, words. just because both of us like them, i guess. i think she was especially struck by some of the ones we found. but i came home with some for my office wall, too.





i got to sit with my sweetie, and laugh, and dream a bit about our future together. i still cannot quite believe my fortune in finding him.

i got to pray for a very special friend, to a Lord i believe will hear me, and answer her in her time of need.

i got to end the day, still here in the glow of my macmonitor, hearing the rain hit my window, and wondering what tomorrow will hold.

yep. it was a good day.

5 comments:

carey said...

yes, what a good day! i love words so much, sometimes i just need to be reminded.

now i am inspired!

Karen said...

It sounds like a near-perfect day. Glad you had it, and thanks for the prayers.

bobbione8y said...

i know!!

words make me happy!

i think God planned it that way, because after all He gave us a really really good Book :)

thinking of you Karen....

K~ said...

The words on that are wonderful. It reminds me of a magnet Rick got me 3 years ago. It says " I do many things Well.....None of which generate income. It is a daily reminder that I am a very busy person for a good reason. I am not lazy because I am at home. Taking naps is not a sin. K~

Chris said...

The whole wall thing is cool. I couldn't tell what the words said though. Where did you find that?