Tuesday, September 25, 2007

when life gives you lemons

well, today is the first full day of my "new" home office.
curtains are up, walls are painted, accessories abound, bookcases in place.

all is well.

except that this morning, while i was doing a simple task, my hard drive on my computer crashed.
so, it's currently in the machospital, having emergency surgery done. a quick check on my backup harddrive reveals that almost zero of my 24 current projects, or my itunes, or my 9,000 emails have been backed up.

so i am sitting here in my pretty office - on a practically useless laptop, trying not to panic.

i don't suppose it's a coincidence that tonite is bible study night, and the topic at hand is dealing with doubt and unbelief.

oh Jesus, i pray you heal my computer! and if not, i pray you help me to deal with whatever I will do (hopefully not involving moving to central america to avoid the inevitable strife that will ensue) in a peaceful and calm manner....

more to come, stay posted :)

1 comment:

DeAnn said...

Oh I know that feeling..that horrible empty feeling when you don't have any access to the laptop! I pray for your computer too and hope it comes home soon all better again!

By the way, I just love your new office! Beautiful! I wish I had your decorating skills. I had to hire someone to come tell me what color to paint my basement. I wish I would've just asked you! Although I do have one question...what do you think about spray painting furniture? I have some wooden end table and this lady told me to spray paint them. Does that really work and will it look okay? What kind of spray paint is the best? Gosh, I guess it was more than one question! Thanks!