Sunday, September 09, 2007

girl days and God days


yesterday kristie and i had another girl day. i've been getting these quite frequently, it seems. and i love, love, love them. it was supposed to be a day for the arts festival, but really the crowd and the drizzle and the craft overload at our houses made the festival seem less fun than our real lives. so, we ended up doing some other things.

for one thing, we visited some puppies at the pet shop, in case kristie decides to get a fuzzy companion. of course, i found a perfect little fuzzball for me. i have been thinking about her alot, but will not add to the menagerie just yet. phillip likes BIG dogs, so i guess maybe a pom that weighs 5 pounds is not a good idea. but someday, i am hoping we get a dog to love. it was fun just to touch them and smell puppy breath, at any rate.

today i am calling a God day, because i feel like i have left Him in the corner somewhere while i have been busy. i hate when i do this. because i can FEEL the absence, and the signs are so obvious. i guess i can say that the lack of the Lord is the worse thing i can think of, and i get so disappointed in myself for going back to my old ways. but then i think about his new mercy every day, and i ask to come back in, and i feel Him telling me that He forgives me.

i am so excited to spend the day with Him. :)

But I, by your great mercy, will come into your house; in reverence will I bow down toward your holy temple.
Psalm 5:7

3 comments:

Chris said...

Very nice post, Bobbi. I way to often leave him in the corner. I can't seem to put him first more than once in a greatr while. I like the idea of having a God Day.

carey said...

i know exactly what you mean, and what you feel. i hope today was just what you needed...

and who says you can't have TWO dogs? :)

Karen said...

Ok, Bob. I feel like I just came home from college and found my mom had turned my bedroom into a sewing room or a home gym or something. Your new look is going to take some getting used to.

The God days I will comment on later, after school.