Friday, September 28, 2007

fall friday

oh, i just stepped out the door, and it's CRISP out there.

i love these days when the sun is dappled, and the air is fresh. what i don't love is what comes right after.

so, for today i will just concentrate on the good stuff. Here's what i'm dreaming of this weekend:

apples. on days like today, you need apples. lots of them. better plan on a trip to my folks' "orchard" sometime very soon!

garage sales. yes, still. i like the ones toward fall, those are the desperate people who need to get rid of their stuff before it's too late for this year.

home made bread. why is it fall makes me think of eating? oh yeah. everything makes me think of eating.

walk in the woods. i need to find some woods to walk in. crap, living in the plains just sucks....oops, this is a happy post.

coffee and the farmers market. oh, it's fun to see all the pumpkins. last year i bought a couple for decoration, and actually USED them by cooking the insides and making pumpkin seeds in the oven too. what a concept!

afghans on a warm evening. oh, and slippers and a big fluffy sweatshirt and quite possibly STILL my ratty velvet pants that are calling my name from the closet.

check out this afghan. i want to make it.



happy friday everybody!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Happy Friday to you, too!! It's hard to imagine crisp when I spent last weekend in the ocean and walked early this morning in a t-shirt and shorts. I think the leaves do turn here, but everyone swears that I will not need a coat all winter. That makes me kind of sad, but I'll do fall vicariously through ya'll. :-)

Chris said...

In Old Colorado City, they have the Scarecrow contest going on. If I had a camera I would take pictures and blog about it. They have unique scarecrows stiing on every corner. This part of town has preserved their historical feel. I love when they start decorating for the seasons. And as much as I hate to see summer leave me, there is something about the change in seasons that makes me happy. Thanks for sharing!