Sunday, September 23, 2007

new space

i am excited to go back to work tomorrow!

decided to FINALLY paint the office. i have never really liked the color, and have lived for 4 years with it. so, i thought that since i had a whole free day (yesterday) i'd redo it. man, it was hard work unloading all of the crap in a home office. much of it is still in the living room!

anyway, i always forget to take "before" shots. here's one midway thru the transition:



then the "after" - which is not really quite done, i still have some storage to buy (oh, ikea, where art thou!!) and some general decorating to do. at first, i didn't like the color on the walls, then i decided it will give me a good dose of happy in the winter when i am most needing it. also, now i can work and look out the window!! like i need any more distraction! he he.





oh, the color palette for the room was actually inspired by stuff i already had, and that little cute potholder in the upper left corner of my inspiration board. found this summer while thrifting for 50 cents. so cute!!

6 comments:

Chris said...

I love it! It is making me want to get going on my office. My stuff has been out mostly into my livingroom too, but I am no where motivated to get the rest done. I do like the color you chose.

carey said...

yep, yellow it is. i really like it. it's sunny and happy and the move to look out the window was a smart one. maybe the extra vitamin D streaming through that window this winter will keep you going til spring...

nice work!

Cassie said...

SWEET! Sounds like a productive weekend! I'll have to stop by and see it in person.

Anonymous said...

Love it!!!!!

I feel creative just looking at it. Oh, and it looks much bigger :)

bobbione8y said...

oh, thanks for the comments girls.

i have to say, sitting here this morning, even tho it's not done yet, i really LOVE this room. it's not like an office anymore, it's like MY room, a place where i get to go.

:) i am happy.

Karen said...

I LOVE YELLOW! Hands down it is the happiest color on earth. You will be glad for that midway through your SD winter. I agree with Kristie--it looks much bigger.