Tuesday, September 11, 2007

it's all in the details


well, last night i started to embroider for the first time in approximately 25 years. yes, it's been that long. i had some old cross stitch patterns in the box i found with my thread, and i remember using it in college. whew, i'm old :)

anyway, it's kind of fun. i am making an apron out of a really soft linen-ey fabric and some vintage stuff i found at a thrift store. i'm actually just going to embroider the "stems" of some flowers, yet to be determined how i will make those, but they will involve sewing.

it took me a half hour to do one stem, so i can see that this will be a good craft to do whilst watching hgtv this winter :)

6 comments:

Karen said...

I'm diggin' on that turquoise and brown pattern. I wonder if I could have a whole fall wardrobe in that color..

Unknown said...

Glad the thrifting is working in your favor. It's hit or miss there...

bobbione8y said...

yes, Rani...there's not alot there - found some good stuff at the Proud Panda this weekend tho :)


karen, i have so much brown and turquoise. might have a couple of birthdays worth here :)

KristieLou said...

Karen:
I think we must have the same color obsession. I LOVE turquoise & brown. Bobbi is always teasing me about it. When we are shopping I hold something up and say...I don't know why I love this so much! And Bobbi will say...Because it's turquoise & brown :)

Karen said...

KL-They're just PERFECT together, aren't they? I never, ever see those colors together when it doesn't make me smile. :-)

Bob-I keep coming back to look at your pretty work. It's so much nicer than the "Many have eaten, few have died" apron the boys found for me this summer...

K~ said...

Very Very pretty Bob! K~