Sunday, September 02, 2007

communication overload


i finally got around to cleaning up my email yesterday and deleted over 5700 emails in my INBOX. i still have over 4500 left, if i need to see what somebody wrote me.

next i'll have to tackle the 9700 left in my SENT box.

as much as i love to talk, i cannot imagine i said anything important enough that i have to keep it 9700 times. the sad part is, i emptied these boxes earlier this year, so they are just crazy rampant.

and no, these don't include spam, which have a separate box and i empty 100-150 emails a day.

no WONDER when the weekend comes, i just want to shut off the world and make aprons. what did we ever do BEFORE we had email? did we just talk to people? 9700 times in LESS than a year? funny, i don't remember doing that.

anyway, it reminds me that i better go clear out my voicemail system too.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Divesting at its purest! Next time let me know, I'll send the hubby over.

Found out this weekend that he had the whole canning set-up, courtesy of his ma, and got rid of it the year we got married. Grr.

Susan said...

I didn't know you could actually keep that many emails...

Good to know. Don't you feel so light and airy? :-) I always feel like there is an extra bounce in my step after getting rid of lots of stuff.