Monday, September 03, 2007

day of rest

well, today is my official freebie. after a saturday of running errands and cleaning, and a sunday spent at LifeLight with 139,999 other christians, today is MINE, all mine.

i should be using a day with no phones ringing as a time to catch up on a few work items, but first i think i'll spend some time with my new favorite thing.



ever since i sewed that darn quilt last month, i have been jonesing for more sewing. probably because i get to choose from my ever growing "stash" of fabric to make my little projects.




and little projects they are. aprons are "it" right now, but i'd like to make some cafe curtains for the kitchen, and matching potholders and oven mitts too.

yesterday at the festival, i spent a few hours at the "art tent" where a few acquaintances show their art every year in a juried show.

stuff like this:




now imagine my sputtering around as i tried to describe that creatively, i just want to spend my time doing this:



yeah. i felt kinda silly, like i don't belong with a bunch of "real" artists. although everybody was really nice, of course they did not understand that i just want to sew like my grandma! he he. well, you know what, that's okay. i believe that God made each of us as he did just for a reason. and although you probably wouldn't hang my "art" in a gallery, it might come in handy for somebody who wants to bake cupcakes.

and no matter what the end product turns out like, the joy that the artist puts into what they love is really what it's all about.

think i'll go bake some cupcakes.
:)

2 comments:

carey said...

my gramma's don't sew.

will you be my gramma?

Karen said...

Your friend is weird. And she has bad grammar. :-)

Your other friend (the newer one) finally has her very own sewing machine and is waiting for someone to find her some kick-butt material to make a quilt with..