Wednesday, September 26, 2007

23 hours

that's how long i was without my computer.

you would think someone had ripped my newborn from my arms, that's the kind of helplessness i felt.

but praise God, it's back.

every single tidbit of information intact.
newer, cooler hard drive installed.
daily backup system in place.

i am thanking Him for the healing, but also for the knowledge that it's only a computer, and that life is not attached to this machine at the hip. in fact, this little crisis is part of my learning that i'm not attached to ANYTHING so much as the Lord. i am thankful for that, because He sees what i don't, restores what i can't, and loves like i wish i did.

:) it's a good day.

4 comments:

carey said...

oh schwew. the computer is back, God is back and Bobbi is back!!

perhaps we should rearrange the order of that sentence, right?

bobbione8y said...

Larry was SO funny when i told him we were praying for him....oh, i love it when God uses people for Him....it just makes everything....right.

thanks for helping bring me back :)

KristieLou said...

I am so glad you have embraced the backup. This makes me happy :)

Larry is the best. What would we do without him??

Chris said...

Oh I so know how you feel! Glad you have it back, but you also have life back in persective also.