Friday, January 26, 2007

waiting, waiting


i am so glad it's friday! it's also the first real official day of my 30 day "spending fast" as it was initiated by K. earlier in the week in her blog.

i have been spending like crazy lately. whatever i want, i buy. i just WANT right now. for instance, i got a $100 gift certificate for christmas, and WANT to buy a $200 item with it, that kind of thing.

i think there is alot to be said for being appreciative of what one HAS.

anyway, so it's a good time to practice moderation. for one month, i'll not buy anything that doesn't constitute a "necessity" for my home. for k., that includes fancy coffee drinks and clothing, etc.

for me, well, it appears that even though the new gardener's supply email sitting in my "inbox" this morning has JUST WHAT I WANT - a heat mat for all the little seeds i ordered last week - it will have to wait a bit.

funny how the Lord makes all the heat in the world required to grow plants, but i just need to HURRY HIM UP a bit :))

happy friday all!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

spending fast, hmmmmm I think I need to do this. I don't think I would last a week, let alone a month. My husband would be happy. Does this include point and click purchases? I don't even feel the pain when I shop online anymore...sigh.

K~ said...

Am I the K???? K~

bobbione8y said...

HA - NO! I HAVE TWO K'S NOW!! you are still my oldest and dearest K tho :)

it's THIS K:
http://whitewallsforever.blogspot.com/

K, meet K... :)

Karen said...

Hi K! Want to join the Spending Fast?? Welcome, Rani--I know you can do it!!

I dig the idea about giving our savings to a worthy cause. I think that mine will be split between my local Christian radio station and Gospel for Asia, which feeds and clothes kids.

bobbione8y said...

okay, i kind of broke the spending fast already, but my new monitor did NOT come with speakers, like my old monitor had, could not go a month without praise music while i work!! technically, it's a business expense :) doh.

so i'm in for 79.95 (at least) to a fave charity at the end of the month. i will give to compassion international, or my churches missions fund!

:) woo hoo. otherwise, i am opening the cupboard and cooking whatever is in there for supper :))