Monday, January 29, 2007

taxing poetic

today is "freak out" and do your taxes day at my house ... once a year, whether i need to or not, i stare at the big accordian folder, feel the big cringe inside, and dig in.

i would NOT be doing it, if i didn't have to file some forms by january 31st.

sadly enough, every year i have to call and ask my lucky co-workers what the heck to do. fortunately for me, i only work with "friends" who probably are also saints. this year, carey even had jamie hand-deliver the forms to me that i need to fill out! i am spoiled.

but dang it, before i die and go to Heaven, i want God to make me into a person who can add, so i will keep on trying to learn about this stuff!!

5 comments:

DeAnn said...

I can relate! I am honestly not the most organized person in the world and have receipts kind of all piled up in a big folder. Now comes the daunting task of going through it all and hoping and praying I won't get audited! Good luck with your paperwork, I'll be thinking of you!

SDGuy91 said...

wow B. Getting a little trusting on your blog these days. First a photo and now some addresses.

You are braver than me....

bobbione8y said...

don't say the A word DeAnn, just don't :))

good luck with yours!!!! find a good tax person and hold onto em!

dave, i knew you would say that. really, it's not any information that is not in the phone book, or in my website. really.

is it really that bad?

SDGuy91 said...

I shred every piece of junk mail that has my name on it...and legitimate mail that I am done with. Nothing with my name, address or any info goes in the garbage unless shredded.

Am I paranoid? Perhaps. Matter of opinion I suppose. 9 million people are victims of identity theft every year, so I think of it as being safe...rather than risking being sorry.

Your blog...your choice. I'll continue to be your friend either way...promise :-)

bobbione8y said...

yeah.

i was just telling somebody the other day - paul h., who i gave my ss# to over the phone - if you really really want my identity, just take it ;))

ha ha.

yeah, maybe i am too trusting. not in the world, but that i will be protected...