Saturday, January 27, 2007

spend free

day two of the "no thrill spending" spree. i bought gas, and a car wash (very necessary, ernie was grey-not red and at 10 years old, he is prone to rusting) and some groceries and cleaning supplies.

no extra stops along the way, though all the cute little saturday shops were calling.

came home and looked downstairs for a few new decor items, put a "new" shelf on the wall and moved some of my chickens over there, a "new" tablecloth from world market (summer clearance, but winter cheer!) and moved grandma's cookie jar to a "new" spot...

made chicken noodle soup and homemade yogurt, read my bible study, cleaned and relaxed.

well, if every day goes like THIS, i just might be able to do a whole month.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Love the red wall, love the cookie jar, LOVE the chickens!!!!

I think you can just shop in your basement for the next month, man. Good work!

carey said...

ladies, the trick to this is actually very easy. locate your home about 30 miles away from any type of shopping whatsoever and then get so dang busy that you don't have time to buy toilet paper, much less chickens and kimonos.

and when you DO go to town, stay away from Scheels :)

bobbione8y said...

he he he.

yes, life in the country has it's advantages...

what i need is for Midcontinent Communications to burn down!

but then, i wouldn't have you guys :))

happy sunday!

Susan said...

Love the decor. Can you come over and help me out?

I agree with Carey, it is best when you live in the middle of retail barreness. Me on the other hand am 5 minutes from Pottery Barn, Anthropologie, GAP, Ann Taylor and Target. NO GOOD. It is so hard to just drive on by. I did it today tho just because it was -3 below. Too cold to shop.

Karen said...

Oooooh, Anthropologie. I'm jonesing, girls. I swear my hands were shaking today on the way to the dog park. I passed FOUR Starbucks without stopping once.