Thursday, January 04, 2007

date night

tonight i get a "date night" and i am really excited!!

nope, not with phillip - but with a GIRLfriend!! it seems like i can never get enough chick nights these days, because we are all so busy with family, and most of my girlfriends have kids too, which puts a whole nuther wrench in things :))
but we decided to do this anyway, and we are going to see The Holiday (don't tell me about it yet!!)

my friend loves jack black, and i LOVE jude law. we both have men in our lives who would probably be pounding at the doors of the theatre to GET OUT if they were forced to see this movie. i laugh because phil and i agree on so few movies, altho we keep trying. luckily we both like LOST and disney animations. mostly, he likes action movies and jackie chan, and i sort of don't.

so tonite will be a real treat!! thank God for girlfriends. we'd be going to the movies alone sometime without them.

10 comments:

carey said...

wheeeeee! can't wait :)

Unknown said...

I really want to see this one...don't say anything about it until it comes out on video...

Susan said...

You are going to love it. Jude Law is back in a big way. Shel and I went to it and were so happy. It has been awhile since there was a good chick flick. Plus Edward Burns (my FAVORITE) is in it even though he plays a jerk.

Have some Milk Duds for me ok?

carey said...

little advice. don't sit next to bobbi during a JUDE LAW movie. she has a really hard time containing herself. we couldn't decide who was prettier, cameron diaz or jude. all i know is, i left the theatre wanting new hair. doh.

Chris said...

So, it was really good?? I have been waiting SOOOOO long to see it. Since I only have one single friend here, it isn't ofetn I get to movies. My attached friends are too busy. But hopefully Amy and I will get to go soon if she hasn't seen it already.

bobbione8y said...

ahhhhhhhhh!

i started crying about halfway thru, in anticipation of crying at the end...in true chick flick style.

yeah, it was good :) i was happy mostly throughout! - note, i cry when i am happy too.

not very deep, but very emotionally satisfying :)) go see it!!

Karen said...

Yeah!!!! I'm glad it was so good! I'm determined to find a sitter (and a friend!) this weekend!

DeAnn said...

Sounds like an awesome movie...so what does the inside of a theatre look like?! It's been so long I can't remember!

Thanks for filling me in a movie I need to take time to go see!

Susan said...

So glad you guys liked it. I think Jude is prettier. Those eyes, sigh.

K~ said...

I absolutely LOVE Jack Black!! Have you seen "School of Rock?" It's pretty funny. Did you like the movie? Oh, Judd Law is quite the looker!! K~