Wednesday, January 10, 2007

the hundred dollar store


shoot, i should have known just to keep on driving. i was coming home from the "shopping" part of town tonite, and there it was, looming like a beacon in front of me, my favorite store.

my friend and i used to joke that every time you step FOOT in this store, you spend a hundred bucks. kind of like the dollar store, only better.

i didn't really need to shop for anything, but quickly came up with an excuse to stop in anyway. i just sent billing out today, so in a couple weeks i'll be feeling fine financially!! i deserve a treat!! the cat needs a toy to chill her out!! insert excuse here!!

anyway, long story short, i stopped, i shopped, i dropped my jaw at the fact that i really DO spend $100 bucks in that place when i go there.

don't say i didn't warn you.

14 comments:

Susan said...

I hear ya. I've got the same illness. It is the $100 store. It is the only store where you can go to buy milk and only milk and walk out with an infinite amount of crap.

I usually end up bringing half of it back. It is bad when the woman at the returns desk knows your name.

Karen said...

Hey, my tax is 7.75%! Just think how much more crap you can buy at 5.92!!!

Snap a pic of the cashmere item for us, will you? I'm dying to see it.

SDGuy91 said...

ok - I'll expose my "guy-ness" here....what store are you talking about?

bobbione8y said...

TARGET!!!! i like how you didn't even question it, susan, you just KNOW.

k. i am wearing the cashmere sweater today, will take a pic. it's turquoise. ummmmmmmmmm. figured you might catch that line item :)) i won't be taking THAT one back!

Unknown said...

Target RULES!

carey said...

i was all excited the other day when i only spent $60. then remembered i had to pick something up from the pharmacy. that bill was $40.

the $100 store strikes again. doh.

SDGuy91 said...

Target, huh? I like Target. Not sure the last time I spent $100 there. Come to think of it, The last time I spent $100 anywhere was Kohl's. Even guys gotta buy clothes once in a while.

bobbione8y said...

kohls. woe is you, dave, you gotta go to target :))

SDGuy91 said...

I like Target.

I bought a pack of boxers there a while back. They are nice.

Also - I buy my household and toiletries there about 1/2 the time.

We need a Super Target, tho!

Karen said...

I don't think Super Target is ready for Bobbi!

KristieLou said...

Target, oh how I love thee.
:)

bobbione8y said...

what could be more super than a place where you can buy fancy lightbulbs, a cashmere sweater and creme fraiche potato chips all at once?

you know what is sad? target gets the most comments of ANY TOPIC i've ever brought up on this blog!!

target and world peace. that's what i'm about.... :)

K~ said...

Only $100??? K~

Chris said...

Target, I knew it! Oh, Bobbi what ybu would do with a Super Target! Thankfully for my pocket book, I don't that close to one anymore. And once you go to a Super Target, you'll never go back to a regular one!