Wednesday, January 24, 2007

trickery


i admit i am more than just a bit nervous today. if it was summer, i'd just go outside and look at some flowers or pull some weeds...but since it's winter, i'm stuck.

see, my partner and i have been working ALOT on a presentation for some new biz tomorrow. it's always a bit scary, hoping you read somebody right and are giving them both what they want, and what is right for them.

at this point, less than 24 hours before the pitch, i start to lose confidence.

so here is my plan...i just went over to my favorite shop in town (i had a good excuse, to talk to the owner who is also a client) and bought a scarf.

not just any scarf, but a scarf that looks alot like the art i made for the pitch! yes, that is my trick. i am going to dress to match the presentation.

they do that alot on hgtv, if you've been watching. when candice olsen is standing in her lovely designed room, waiting for the owners to walk in, she matches the drapes :))

i'll let you know how it works for me.

8 comments:

Chris said...

GOOD LUCK!!

carey said...

oh crap. you told me years ago about matching my textures (who knew?) and NOW you tell me about matching a presentation? the night BEFORE the big gig? i got nothin'.

i guess if they hate our stuff, we can blame it on my outfit. sheesh. the pressure...

bobbione8y said...

ha ha.

yeah, i should have bought us matching scarves :))

we could be the "presentation sisters" or something.

bobbione8y said...

ps, thanks Chris :))

KristieLou said...

Good Luck Girls! I bet the client will love it! Even if only one of you matches the creative :)

K~ said...

Hi bob, Good luck on your presentation!! That is beautiful NON COTTON combo you have
there :-)!! I tried to blog to you earlier, but, Bing sat on the keyboard and deleted what I had started. I have to admit, that I am a bit jealous of your comment contacts. I have you (the most important one) and that's it :-(

Karen said...

B&C--just said a prayer, can't wait to hear how it went!

LOVE THE SCARF...a perfect last purchase before a long, long fast.

:-)

DeAnn said...

Okay, I 'm a little behind but I love the scarf and GOOD LUCK althoug by now you are probably done with the presentation. I'll be waiting to hear how it went!