Thursday, January 11, 2007

modern gal


so, i'm reveling in all my purchases from my shopping spree last night: have my cashmere sweater on, had creme fraiche onion potato chips for lunch, used my burt's bees lip balm a minute ago, and OH YEAH!! decided to check out my way-cool light bulbs. everybody and their brother is talking about these things!!

they are twisty and fun, but i could never figure out what they were for. and since they cost a bazillion dollars, i kept buying the old lightbulb shaped ones. turns out, they last up to FIVE YEARS. (hmmm. better mark today on my calendar - technically, so do the old ones if you never turn the lamp on?!)...supposedly, you save 75% of your energy with these over regular ones. i never realized i was sucking power with my light bulbs before, but i do feel better now.

it's probably like the swiffer, and i am the last one to know :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

AND you are doing your small part to save the world...way to go B!

bobbione8y said...

oh yeah.

now, what can i do for the polar bears??????

Karen said...

As a perpetual renter, I don't care about 5-year bulbs. What I want to know is ARE THE CHIPS GOOD??? I fell in love with creme fraiche overseas, but have never heard of the chips!

bobbione8y said...

ha, yes i KEEP typing about the creme fraiche chips because i FEEL french when i eat them!!

they are a milder form of sour cream and onion, and yes, like most of the Archer Farms brand (kudos to Michael Osborne in San Fran, one of my fave designers) - they ROCK.

btw, they are waffle-cut too, if the beautiful name alone doesn't sell ya.

this is why i love advertising :))

K~ said...

Hi Bob, Those look like my UVB lights I need for all my reptiles!! I have 3 going at all times, of course, the UVB lights are $30 each and only last 1 year!! K~

Chris said...

You are not the only one who didn't know about them. I have heard about the 1 year ones, but not these! They sound cool. Are they big?