Wednesday, January 17, 2007

9 above is cold too


a little warmer today, which is good i guess, but the really good news is that spring is 63 days away!

the seed catalogs have begun to arrive, and my emailbox gets the gardener mojo going when i get an email from burpee.com!

check out the honey dijon verbascum! i have never heard of this before, but i'm glad it's not cool to call plants boring scientific names anymore. i have a feeling "old school" gardeners wouldn't like the sound of this one, but i do :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

oooooooh I want to order the cappuccino and the lemonade sunflowers...so pretty!

bobbione8y said...

see what i mean? if they called em the Helianthus Annuus that they are, we would not even want em ;)

Karen said...

Mmmmmmm. A garden is not in my near future, so I'll expect many pics of (and tomatoes from) yours.

Susan said...

This garden talk gets me all giddy. I have been scheming about how to add in a big flower garden in the back like I do in the front of the house. These are some good suggestions to get me going. I like the coneflowers, I love coneflowers. They make me happy.

bobbione8y said...

ohhhhhh. i should have a "what's your favorite flower" blog entry...

except, um, you guys already told me. i'm allowing tomatoes as a flower, karen, since you are so obsessed. :)

DeAnn said...

I wish I had that green thumb. I have this wonderful idea of creating a masterpiece in my backyard with an archway but I don't know how it will turn out. Maybe you can give me some pointers!!!

DeAnn said...

btw...I cannot get into my blog! some javascript.void(0) error message. If no one has any suggestions on how to fix this, I am going to bring my computer in to the computer guy..I Can't stand not being able to blog and comment on all of yours! Luckily bobbi's still works for me. Thanks, I'll be back very soon...

DeAnn said...

B-

I'm back on I'm back on!! Just had to share the exciting news...hope to hear from you soon.