Tuesday, January 02, 2007

one a day


okay, so really, it was a perfectly crappy day. it's like somebody took all of my peace and love from yesterday, threw it out the window, and replaced it with a day FULL of brain drain from mucho silly work and LACKING in job security (and time spent with the Lord), and said "there's your day, how do you like that one?" in other words, resolutions to be calm and collected fade quickly.

anyway, 7:00 pm and i finally decide to quit everything and go chill. not that i'm trying to diet, but i did throw out a lot of the unhealthy stuff over the weekend.

so i dug into a bag of fruit that a friend gave me around christmas time, i think she got it from one of those fruity gift sellers :) or something. and WOW, my mouth was stunned. this apple is like a piece of cake. this apple is like dessert. this apple is a perfect ending to a not-so-perfect day.

lucky for me, it had a sticker on it that said it's name: braeburn.

how come nobody ever told me about these before? YUM-o. i actually think it might be a TWO braeburn-a-day day.

7 comments:

Karen said...

You always make me smile, even on your crappy days. :-)

Take heart, friend, God knew about your crappy day BEFORE He invented that apple (which, by the way, is my fave), and knew what it would mean to you. He's so cool that way.

SDGuy91 said...

Yeah, breaburns are my Mom's favorite. Personally I think they are usually a little too tart and crisp...so I buy golden delicious. But a braeburn here and there is a nice change :-)

BTW - I took a real nice photo of a golden delicious for a project. It looks as nice as this photo. If you're ever looking for that kind of thing...

bobbione8y said...

if i start eating golden deliciouses, i'll give ya a call!!

yeah, i snagged this off the web, because i ate the one i had before i could take a pic of it :))

not sure which makes the best apple butter ;))
which btw, i hope you liked!

b

SDGuy91 said...

I did like!

Dessert last night was apple butter on toast. It was YUMMMMMMMY!

Thanks again B!

bobbione8y said...

:) oh good.

i hope to make more, alot more, next fall :))

Susan said...

OK next fall you have got to give Honeycrisp a try. It is perfect.

You make me laugh.

K~ said...

I still hate fruit. But I have been loving Bananas. I have a banana a day, since July!! It is a great way to start my day!!K~