Saturday, January 01, 2011
well, it's THE day, isn't it? the day to start afresh, to dig in and become all that you really really really want to be! i should be feeling good about that, but 48 years of experience has taught me that i kind of suck at resolving to do, and then doing.
still, we were created with the capacity to begin anew. the Spirit inside me calls me to make a plan for 2011, and so, here is my list...
i resolve to:
• live one day at a time, with the abundant provision that i have for THAT day, and that day alone;
• live humbly, and realize that i am a sinful human with many, many deficiencies, yet created for a purpose for which i am given all the tools i need to achieve that very purpose;
• find joy and happiness in the life i have been given, struggles and adversity as well as blessings;
• make my number one priority to build relationship with One person, who has been waiting patiently for a looooooooong time for me to make Him #1 in my life;
• share myself as openly and transparently as possible in this place, while forgoing some of the lesser, more 'false' relationships i have been wasting time with (reality tv and facebook immediately spring to mind);
• practice stewardship on many levels, more than just financial...ie time, talents, physical body, etc (my pastor is teaching a series on this right now, and it seems extremely relevant);
• stop striving for worldy gain. okay, this seems nearly impossible, but i am going to pretend i am a sparrow in a field :)
• be open to new things, new people, and new places, and see where the path God has me on continues to lead;
• practice a 'daily office' with God daily, not once or twice weekly....!
• be open to listening more;
• go forth humbly, with great sincerity, with expectation, and with hope for good.
:) happy new day, everyone! i hope today is a good day for your resolutions, whatever they may be!
Posted by bobbione8y at 11:19 AM