Wednesday, March 31, 2010

everything is outta control


it's a good thing this book came in the mail yesterday. it was recommended by a church friend. it's about learning to deal with life's uncertainties, instead of trying to make things go your way. which i know in my head isn't ever too successful, but still, i always seem to try.

anyway, it was only fitting that i woke up at 1 a.m. with a GUSHING sound of water coming from....somewhere. not. good.

when i went down to the basement in my groggy state, there was a huge 1" gushing spout of water coming out of a pipe! i kind of was jolted out of a sleepy state, trying to figure out what was going on!

then, thankfully, i remembered what dax (my plumber) told me once: 'mrs. bobbi, you always ALWAYS need to remember where your main water line is!!!!'


thanks, dax. i remembered. shut the water off, and went back to bed...now i am left with a very soggy wet basement (aren't you glad i was home and semi-coherent when this happened?) and i am waiting to be plumbed. again.






sigh. cannot say i am loving being 'out of control' quite yet!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh dear.

I am sorry.

On a side note. Isn't FANTASTIC the way the Lord times things. The book you received yesterday being so appropriate...I picked up a book yesterday that has been on my shelf for MONTHS and the first chapter just happened to be EXACTLY what I needed to hear, and it had references to Holy Week. I have no doubt that the Lord timed that perfectly.

Praying for a knowledgeable, affordable, plumber, Bob.

bobbione8y said...

thanks Rani, oh yeah, i did not miss for a sec that the book was there just when it was needed - last night at 2am!


:)) got it fixed. i am racking up quite a bill, but thank goodness nothing has been super duper bad.