Monday, March 08, 2010

blank slate


for the 2nd time this month, i woke up to monday morning, and a completely empty calendar. to be honest, unless things change dramatically, the rest of the month is coming up pretty short as well.

it's a bit concerning. i'd like to say it's the economy, but i have noticed that most people except for me seem to be pretty busy.

i'd like to say i haven't had any 'leads' even, but to be honest, i've had several and they have fallen through.

i'd like to say that i'm totally confident and fine with things, but that would be pretty untrue. i'm not sure how to feel. when i work through the fear, i think it boils down to this.

i've worked my whole life as a graphic designer. in the beginning, i was pretty sure i did not possess the skills to make it in this field. i didn't feel especially motivated OR creative. but i didn't know what else to do! that is the truth!

then, somewhere along the line, i got hold of things. i still felt mostly LUCKY instead of super capable or talented or skilled. it just seemed that i always got alot of positive feedback for the things i made.

to this day, i'm not especially sure i even deserved some of the opportunities i've had. i attribute my successes to timing, and an unwillingness to give up, and great people around me who make me look good. i also can say with all honesty, i've truly enjoyed this life. i get to make pretty stuff for people - how can that be bad?!

however, i'm starting to live in the real truth - God gave me this job, and these skills, and this life. for some reason, for His purpose. He had a plan, still has a plan, and WILL have a plan for me, for all of my days. if He decides to shift my life, who am i to try to decide where? or how? i don't even feel capable of making the choice, so i have only Him to cling to, hoping He will just open a door that i can walk thru. and for this monday, that door is a blank slate, a chance to live fully in Him, and not be burdened by what i think i SHOULD be doing.

argggghhhhh. the trusting is the hardest part. but once you get beyond that, it does seem a little bit exciting, too ;)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Bobbi,

I think you are a brave, talented soul. I appreciate the picture you make with your words just as much as your beautiful graphics.

God has a great plan for you and I am watching it unfold post by post. Thank you so much for your faith, your testimony and your talents.

BTW if you can pull yourself away from the Word you should take a look at pioneer woman's cat photo group here http://bit.ly/cx6TrG.

Blessings on your day, dear friend.

Karen said...

Oh, schwew. I was holding my breath until that second-to-last paragraph. Deep breath. It IS hard to trust, even though we really, truly have no other choice. It sounds like you're in a good place--unless you're trying to convince us (and yourself) that you're in a good place. I will pray for your direction, and for peace.

bobbione8y said...

no, i'm in a good place. i don't have alot of patience, but i'm also not in a desperate place. just a 'knowing' that change is right for me, before too long.

thanks for the prayers :)

Karen said...

First my brain read: no, i'm not in a good place...

I will keep praying.

Lisa said...

You have made me look good many times Bobbi and your creative talent really is talent! Change is exciting - especially if you have enough trust that no matter what change occurs, you'll be okay with it.
I'm counting down...three days left here and then I'm in for a change too!

bobbione8y said...

lisa! you KNOW what i am talking about!

wow. three days. i will say a prayer that you have the best three days, and the 'knowing' inside that good, good things lie ahead!

:)

cherk said...

I have had a feeling that you are at a crossroads with your "professional" I know which ever path presents itself that it will be the one for you. I am excited to share in the journey and see what great things are next.

Unknown said...

I read this just now and thought of you.

I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil—this is the gift of God. Ecclesiastes 3:12-13

The note on these two verses says this: God’s people find meaning in life when they cheerfully accept it from the hand of God.

*hugs*