Monday, June 15, 2009

the unfurling


new favorite word of the week: unfurl. Webster's defines it this way: to release from a furled state. that little guy above got me thinking about it... you might remember him.


i got him in april, with the promise of him turning into an elephant ear caladium. for a LOOOOONNNG time, he did nothing. now, he's unfurling into something. can hardly wait to see.


hmmm. let's see what else. the berries are coming in, few but scrumptious. and pretty, right?


i know you guys are sick of the chair, but it's absolutely where i live right now. this weekend, i knew it was bad/good when my saturday cleaning moved to the screened porch, and the inside of the house remained untouched. i am working on a super secret project, which fit perfectly into my outdoor nest. kirsten, that other chair is reserved for you ;)


lastly, lou and i had a thrifting FRENZY on friday nite. yes, you heard that right, friday nite. who says we're not party girls?! i am truly DONE with succulents. but not before i od'd on them. succulent overload. sounds like a band.


well. so much for happy, carefree weekends. now, i can hardly wait to see how life unfurls this week :) enjoy your monday!

6 comments:

Chris said...

I just love your peaceful pics. Happy Monday to you too, you party animal you!

Karen said...

1. I really don't care for the word 'succulent.' It's right up there with 'moist' in my book. The plants themselves, though, are very nice.

2. What is the plant with the red in the first picture? Where does one plant such a thing?

3. I missed you this weekend.

bobbione8y said...

no, no. the word for the week is unfurl. succulents are just kind of hot right now. the plant, not the word.

all the plants surrounding the unfurling one are coleus. lotsa colors there.

:) i missed you, too.

Karen said...

UNFURL is an AWESOME word.

I'm glad your weekend was good, just missed you while you were partying. :-)

I'm going to buy a succulent this week. I'm going to ask for it just like this: Do you have any succulents? Can I check out your succulents? Do you recommend any succulent in particular? How much light does a succulent need?

BTW--is that a porcupine sitting there with your succulents??? I think I love him. In German he is a Stachelschwein, which is an ugly translation and loosely means "pricking pig." Now if he is a hedgehog, the German is much nicer and calls him an Igele, which sounds like 'eagle.'

I hope you and your succulents have a lovely day!

K~ said...

Hey Bob! It was absolutely great chatting with you this am. I can not believe how we are always doing things at the same time with out ever knowing it. I just went to the plant store on Thursday and bought some succulants. I absolutely LOVE them. I am just can't explain it....

Also, I LOVE your nest. I take it your chair is the one one the left correct? Anyway. I think your Nest is just divine. I am going to get some photos of my nest soon.

I can't wait to come down. It will be great to sit and drink coffee and sit.

K~

bobbione8y said...

i love that you want to sit twice in that last sentence :)

soon, my dear, soon!