Tuesday, June 02, 2009

let's get sparkly



i was gonna tell a really good story about joshua mills, and how he actually BECAME sparkly with gold dust during one of the prayer meetings last week. he didn't start out sparkly when he began talking, but somehow, he became that way as he spoke. it's kind of hard to explain :) but let me tell ya, it was neat to see.

later on, he laid hands on all of us, and asked God for an impartation of the Glory - however, whatever God wanted to do in our lives. i am wondering if i might not have caught some, because yesterday i ran to the grocery store quick, 'cause my cupboards are bare. i kept hearing these people saying stuff like "well, i guess it's not gonna happen, looks like we lost the apartment" (on a cell phone to someone) and "i can't believe my bike got stolen! i don't know what i'm going to do."

i wish i could say i came up to them like joshua talks about here. instead, i just prayed in the name of Jesus that the enemy would NOT take their ground, that their apartment and their bikes would be restored. the words in my head actually came pretty easily, i wish i would have said them aloud.

i didn't get sparkly, but guess what? someday, i just may ;)
happy tuesday all!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I gotta tell you.

I think you know how I feel about things that are non-traditional. I don't want to say I am skeptical, but I can't wrap my brain around sparkly.

I watched the video and I agree wholeheartedly with his committment of witnessing to others, anywhere and everywhere. He used Scripture that backed up his ministry and I appreciate that. Love the part about using our tongue. I have to work on that one daily...

I am so thankful for are people out there who are wonderfully excited about Jesus Christ and sharing His saving grace. Who am I to be a doubting Thomas about the gold dust?

I think you are sparkly everytime you speak of your faith. Your words sparkle with the glitter of belief.

Thanks for sharing Bobbi. This has got me thinking.

bobbione8y said...

i'll tell you what Rani, i share this kind of experience with great expectancy that the Lord will use it. but i don't go into it without asking God into it first.

it does kind of change your doubt into awe and wonder of our God when you see it with your own eyes...

however, the point is not to see the gold, it's to see Him, so i ask that you open your heart, and see how He reveals Himself to you in this kind of testimony :)

Karen said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Sparkly.

I don't get it, but I acknowledge that the only way gold dust is weird is if He is NOT God. If He is, well then He can get as far out as it takes to get our attention. You're right, though, I'll focus my attention on God, not on the dust.

I'm going to raise my (depressingly low) expectations of this day. Thanks, friend.

bobbione8y said...

um. i guess i will not even mention the sapphire dust :)

Unknown said...

Do tell about the sapphire dust.

I am curious.

I do think the point is to see Him. I love how He reveals Himself to all of us differently.

I don't want you to think I am brushing this dust thing off. I just have to investigate it a little, it's my nature.

Karen said...

Bring on the sapphire dust! I'm ready to live, too! I want to open up my heart to every little thing God has for me. I'm tired of being tired.