Tuesday, June 16, 2009

random design day





like every designer who is worth even a small hoot, i appreciate great design when i see it. that's why it was exciting to behold this "Jolly Jug" at the thrift store last week. i love, love, love the perfection of the design. for all those designers out there who think they are cool with their sleek and modern design, take a look at the people who invented it. in the 1950s, no less. this great little guy was designed by a lady named petra cabot, who is my new favorite dead designer. her bio is interesting. i wonder if it was her idea to put the red round cap on top? because that is GENIUS.

anyway, i love looking at it. i was not going to buy it though, because what the heck will i do with all this useless stuff. until lou unscrewed the lid, and yep, there is a neat glass container in there. so i can actually make hygienic lemonade with it this summer. to be honest, i just want to take a photo with a beach blanket and feet with flip flops and this. sigh.

happy design day!

4 comments:

K~ said...

That is so neat. I really like this design. It is objects like this that inspire me. I wish I live by you guys... I really do. K~

KristieLou said...

this post makes me very happy ;) it is just so cute!

K~i wish you lived by us too...

bobbione8y said...

i know kirst. tell rick you are coming back to SD... :)

Karen said...

My eyes don't focus like yours, girl. And that's all I'm gonna say about that.

:-)